Scripture: Psalm 37:7-9
"Be still before the LORD and wait patiently for him; do not fret when men succeed in their ways, when they carry out their wicked schemes. Refrain from anger and turn from wrath; do not fret—it leads only to evil. For evil men will be cut off, but those who hope in the LORD will inherit the land."
People don't like to wait. You can go to any airport, bus terminal, fast food restaurant, and wherever people are gathered, you can bet that one or more is waiting for something. You can see it in their faces, this look of..."Come ON!!!" I myself am among the worst of them. Patience is perhaps the hardest of the Spiritual fruits to blossom in me. I did some updating on my website today, just some progress on the album, and realized (again, as I do every day), that this is all real. Before I signed this contract, I made quite a facade out of a non existent music career. I had a website, a MySpace, and all the tools of marketing, without a product to market. Now as I listen to my scratch tracks, receive e mails from my producer and my marketing staff, I am in such a hurry. Gods gifts were meant to be enjoyed thoroughly. Me trying to rush everything along is robbing him of his full glory. I just can't seem to sit and watch everything go down, content to let God do the heavy lifting. Maybe if you're in a similar spot, we can commiserate.
No comments:
Post a Comment