Tuesday, August 10, 2010
Day One
So, I've started a new blog. I suppose this one should be a score more uplifting than my previous one, since God's Grace has been showered on me and my family so profoundly. This is also the blog that I'll direct my fans to, if ever I get any fans. My wish is to be transparent, upfront, and completely open about the things that are happening in my day to day life. So I'll start here. At the beginning. This past April, I received a very interesting phone call. On the other end of the line was Allen Finch, director of Artist Aqusitions for Tate Music Group. An Offer was made, which I accepted, and to flash forward a few months, I have just returned from Oklahoma City with Vocal tracks laid down for what is to become my debut album. There are 8 songs, all of which speak directly to those that are seeking God for who he is, and not who people want him to be. I hope (obviously) that my current contract proves to be fruitful, and that I sell some records. My dream since I was old enough to know what work is, is to make my living playing music. So, we'll see, right? I don't know much about the machinations of fame. I'm not sure I want to know. My personalty being what it is (for those of you that know me personally.....) I can imagine fame being a hard core stumbling block for me. Yet, I know of musicians that handle fame quite well with help from God, and I hope to be counted amoung them. So, for right now, I am not a rock star. I am not a celebrity. I am not even a published artist as of today. The tracks are in the can, and are being mixed. My producer, Houston Green, is very good at what he does, and we'll see just what he can come up with. All I have now, are hopes and dreams...and if you follow this blog, maybe we'll see it turn into more than that. Together.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
:-)
ReplyDeleteI'm a fan!!!
ReplyDelete