Satan knows that I am easily distracted. He also knows that I am drawn to so many of the things in life that aren’t good for me. I used to think that it was all about balance…taking in just a sip..just a taste..and knowing that a healthy swig of God’s Word, God’s Law or God’s grace..would wash the nasty aftertaste out of my mouth. But, like a snowball rolling down a mountainside, the temptation for all things worldy grows, and grows, until God is reduced to a label I wear on my shirt. Hypocrisy reigns, and truth is lost in the shadows. The lack of updates on this blog is proof of this. Week after week, I am admonished, corrected, and taught from the very Word of God. A decadent luxury we here in
“Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths. Be not wise in your own eyes; fear the LORD and turn away from evil. It will be healing to your flesh, and refreshment to your bones -Proverbs 3: 5-8
Why is it that the cure to our faithlessness is the one thing that we resist the most? And why do we so soon forget the “..healing to our flesh, and refreshment to our bones” that is right at our fingertips? As for me, today I am asking God to bring me a measure of Faith so sustaining, and so powerful, that these questions need not be asked, let alone answered.
Dear Father,
Let me lean on YOUR word, and let me not forget. Strengthen my resolve today, and allow me to continue to hide your word in my heart, that I might not sin against you. Renew my spirit, and as my eyes open in the morning, let it be of your Glory, wonder and peace that I think of. For you are the God of my everything. Giver of everything. You are sovereign. Increase my faith, and set a clear path before me to continue. This I pray in the name of your son, Jesus. Amen.
No comments:
Post a Comment