Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Lighten Up! It's Only Eternity!

I am thirty six years old. A young man to some, to others, I am ancient. There is one old man trait about me that is very prevalent, unfortunately. I have come to realize that I am a very intolerant person. Year by year, I have watched the culture of American society erode, little by little, bit by bit, until one day, you look up, and you can hardly believe what you're seeing. To see immorality celebrated, even worshipped by our country's youth is more than my fleshly patience system can take. But that's just the problem. None of this is spiritual. Psalm 46:10 says, "Be still, and know that I am God". Instead of handing the reins over to the creator of the universe, I get so angry that evil, promiscuity, and other moral traps are so hyped by our media...promising our young adults (and yes, our children) that this is the way to live. I've heard comments from people saying.."That Lady Gaga....she's a genius. She's so original." All she has done is taken the seediest, dirtiest side of humanity, and moved it to the mainstream. Top 40 Radio, MTV, right into the hearts of children everywhere. They form their morals from that, and in turn, raise children with even fewer convictions until before you know it, it's Thunderdome. I don't know though, maybe I'm just being cranky, ya know, uptight...not "with it". I know I have work to do, but I also know that I am being attacked, and so are you. If I'm taking the threat too serious, then that's okay by me, I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment