"And with many other words he bore witness and continued to exhort them, saying, "Save yourselves from this crooked generation."So those who received his word were baptized, and there were added that day about three thousand souls." -Acts 2: 40-41
I've been wasting a huge amount of time lately. I can justify it by saying that I'm working on my live show, I'm doing things for my ministry, etc, etc, and yadda yadda yadda. But I'm fooling myself. I could be writing about insight I've gotten from my reading, or actually reading more, praying more BEING more for Christ. The fact of the matter is I can find so many other things I'd rather do. Okay. Confession time is over.
To wit:
I wish I had Peter's faith. Yeah, it's easy to say, "What kind of Faith do you need when you hung out with Jesus personally, and then when they turned up the heat, you denied he existed to you?" Yeah, fair enough. But the twelve weren't stupid. They knew exactly what could happen to them if they aligned themselves with the executed Jesus. They spoke boldly, taking their lumps of persecution with joy In their Heart and a hymn on their lips. In Our day, it's nowhere near as difficult. Perhaps if I were more filled up, then it would simply overflow from me as a natural consequence of gravity. A cup doesn't overflow when it's a quarter full. If you want your faith to increase, then ya gotta fill yourselves with Gods Word. And as your faith shows increase, so do your fruits, and your ability to evangelize becomes automatic. Like Gravity.
Lord, give me the motivation to seek you, to want what you want for me, and to not waste so much time. Increase my faith, and let me overflow with your grace, changing my outlook, my attitude, and my results. In Jesus' name, Amen.
No comments:
Post a Comment